LEISURE AND HEALTH
A specialized course under Humanities , Social Science and Education
About the Course – Leisure and Health
Leisure and Health course will earn you skills to design, implement and evaluate leisure and health activities for clients within the community. It aims to provide quality-of-life opportunities for individuals who experience difficulties in participating in recreation and leisure activities. Your clients could be people with disabilities, older people, youth, children, corporate organizations, and people from diverse backgrounds. You will gain the ability to challenge and enhance the psychological, social, emotional, and physical well-being of those in your community and the confidence to seek out opportunities that utilize your skills.
This program will teach you to:
- Plan and implement leisure activity programs
- Identify individual needs and adapt activities according to their abilities
- Evaluate and assess a client’s abilities, interests and ability to participate in an activity
- Access community resources to provide exciting activities to clients
- Organize leisure and recreation events
- Provide leisure education
- Encourage and support clients in some different ways
- Train and supervise volunteers and other staff
After graduating in this program, you will be qualified and provided with opportunities to work as one of the following:
- Diversional Therapist
- Activities Coordinator
- Community and Leisure Coordinator
- Lifestyle Coordinator
- Leisure Services Coordinator/Manager
The medium level wage is $40 – $59.99 per hour.
Course Available by Providers
The courses are generally provided at Certificate level, Diploma.
COURSES UNDER HUMANITIES, SOCIAL SCIENCE AND EDUCATION
KIEC Group proudly represents the best education providers, assisting students with admission and visa processes, making personalized education pathway and worry-free experience.
Need Expert Advice to Discuss Your Study Options!