Norway Residence Permit as a Job seeker:
Norway is situated in northern Europe. The capital of Norway is Oslo.
The official language is Norwigian, and most people understand and speak English. The visa is initially granted for 6 months. On arrival in Norway you would be eligible to apply for resident permit on securing a full time employment.
This visa would entitle all applicants to land and live in the below listed 26 countries within the European Union including the below Schengen Countries :
Eligibility for Norway residence permit as a job-seeker:
- Your purpose must be to seek employment as a skilled worker or specialist in Norway.
- You must be subject to a visa requirement.
- You must be a skilled worker. The term skilled worker covers the following categories:
- Specialist training corresponding to upper secondary education level. You must have completed vocational training for a specific occupation. The education must as a minimum correspond to upper secondary level, i.e. at least three years. You must have achieved the same level of expertise as you would have achieved had you been educated in Norway. Examples include vocational education for plumbers or auxiliary nurses.
- Craft certificate. It must have resulted in the same level of expertise as a Norwegian craft certificate.
- University college or university education. The requirement is a completed degree or study programme, for example a Bachelor or Master’s degree.
- Special qualifications. You must have gained expertise through professional experience of a certain duration, alternatively in combination with courses and similar. If there is a formal education in the field, you must have achieved a corresponding level of expertise as such education leads to. A permit is only granted on the basis of special qualifications in exceptional cases.
- You are not eligible for a residence permit as a job-seeker if you wish to seek employment as a religious leader/teacher or an ethnic cook.
- You must have sufficient proof of funds for the period in which you intend to stay in Norway. This must correspond to salary grade one in the pay scale for Norwegian state employees. This currently corresponds to NOK 103,950 for six months, which amounts to NOK 17,725 per month. Approx NPR 16,00,000 (Rupees Sixteen Lakhs)
- You must have travel or medical insurance that covers expenses incurred at a medical care facility for necessary and acute medical treatment, and for medical repatriation services related to patient transfer. The insurance shall be valid for all the Schengen countries with minimum coverage of EUR 30,000. The insurance shall be valid for the period you are applying for a residence permit.
- You must have a confirmation about your stay during the period of your job search. Entitlement:
- The residence permit allows you to seek employment as a skilled worker or specialist in Norway, but it does not entitle you to work
- The permit can be granted for six months.
- The permit entitles you to repeated entry into Norway for the duration of the permit.
- The permit does not form the basis for a permanent residence permit.
- The permit does not form the basis for family immigration.