ELECTRONIC COMMERCE / BUSINESS
A specialized course under Business
About the Course – Electronic Commerce / Business
Ecommerce refers to purchases made on the web via an online store. The phrase is often spelled with distinctive editions such as e-commerce, e-commerce, and eCommerce, and encompasses everything from buying or promoting on-line (such as retail web sites or marketplaces), to cellular commerce, enterprise to enterprise sales, records collection, and monetary and trading transactions. The time period e-business commonly refers to agencies that operate completely on-line whereas e-commerce refers to both virtual and brick and mortar stores that promote online. Ecommerce systems are software program products that enable agencies to create and build storefronts for promoting online. Popular e-commerce structures encompass Shopify Store, BigCommerce, Magento, Woocommerce, and WordPress e-commerce plugins and themes.
Today e-commerce websites encompass cell transactions and most new websites are mobile-optimized to take advantage of this new selling medium. Online e-commerce businesses grew for the duration of the past 20 years and today include some of the biggest companies in the world such as Alibaba, Flipkart, Snapdeal, Uber, Expedia, Groupon, and more.
In order to be successful in e-commerce, you will require advanced skills in marketing, accounting, finance, strategy, pricing, and analytics. Digital marketing is critical to attracting an audience to an e-commerce site. This includes social media marketing, content marketing, email marketing, search engine optimization, google analytics, Facebook ads, LinkedIn ads, digital advertising, affiliate marketing, influencer marketing, virality, and more. Understanding these business fundamentals can help you grow an online e-commerce business.
Listed here are some of the principal objectives of the course
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be in a position to:
- Discuss the e-Commerce process.
- Describe an example of machine architecture for an e-Business.
- List the seven primary elements of net design.
- Identify and provide an explanation for essential web site equipment including design tools, programming tools, and records processing tools.
- Identify essential digital payment problems and options.
- Discuss safety problems and give an explanation for processes used to defend in opposition to safety threats.
- Identify and discuss administration problems underlying e-Commerce troubles including organizational structure, strategic planning, purpose setting, corporate social responsibility, global arena, altering market intermediaries, useful resource allocation, and consumer service.
E-business has an ever-increasing job market in the non-public and public sectors. Some of these sectors are:
E-government and E-governance
E-marketing and services
The government sector now generally depends on on-line sources for reaching out to the public and is a precise area for anybody with the knowledge of electronic communication. The same is the case with education. But the largest job market for an expert in E-business is marketing, which is a diverse area to explore.
- Product Management
- Business Analyst
- Product Development
- Supply Chain
- Content Manager
Before we soar in to recognize the profession options in this industry, let us locate out how big is the chance and how quickly is it growing, and what are the one-of-a-kind segments?
- Share of retail enterprise in 2014 as a proportion of the general retail enterprise is just 0.4% and predicted to grow to be 3% with the aid of 2020 [PwC record on eCommerce]
- Indian retail enterprise is developing at a rate of 10% CAGR whereas eCommerce enterprise is expected to develop 22% CAGR over the subsequent 5 years.
Main sectors & the top companies in Ecommerce
The eCommerce Industry is divided primarily into 6 major segments:
- Traveling / Ticketing – Cleartrip, MakeMyTrip, Yatra, Thrillophilia, etc.
- Retail(R) & Marketplace (M) – Shoppers Stop (R), Flipkart (M), Snapdeal (M), BigBasket (R) etc.
- Deals – Groupon, CashKaro, etc.
- Education – Edureka
- Classified portals – Shaadi.com, Naukri.com, etc.
- Hyperlocals – Grofers, PepperTap, Swiggy
If you develop an e-Business in the realm of entrepreneurship, the quantity of money you make will mostly vary in accordance with your idea. On the different hand, if you manage the technical end of an e-Commerce venture, such as the back-end structures maintenance, the profits statistics would be different. According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, Computer Network and Systems Administrators made annual median earnings of $82,050 in 2018.
COURSES UNDER BUSINESS & ECONOMICS
KIEC Group proudly represents the best education providers, assisting students with admission and visa processes, making personalized education pathway and worry-free experience.
Need Expert Advice to Discuss Your Study Options!