ECOLOGICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL ECONOMICS
A specialized course under Business
About the Course – Ecological and Environmental Economics
Today, clever businesses comprehend that sustainability has to be a core phase of their plan. In Environment and Business. Students will advance an in-depth knowledge of environmental problems and the enterprise world. Study finance and subject ecology, entrepreneurship, and environmental ethics, plus a whole lot more, and get the opportunity to get paid work ride via co-op on top of that. When students graduate, they will be prepared to make a difference, whether that’s creating commercial enterprise plans for renewable strength suppliers, examining the environmental record of a Fortune 500 company, or assisting groups to reduce their ecological impacts.
In economics by means of ʻdevelopmentʼ is meant ʻthe set of changes in the economical, social, institutional, and political shape needed to put into effect the transition from a pre-capitalistic economic system based totally on agriculture, to an industrial capitalist economyʼ (Bresso, 1993). Such a definition of improvement provides two primary characteristics:
- The adjustments wanted are no longer only quantitative (GNP growth), but qualitative too (social, institutional and political)
- The only viable model of development is that of western industrialized countries. This implies that the thinking of development is considered as a technique of cultural fusion towards first-class knowledge, the quality set of values, the great enterprise and the pleasant set of applied sciences.
Students can regularly pursue careers in fitness and safety, project management, and the environment. They regularly work in consulting, banks, manufacturing, quite a number levels of government, and more.
- Manager, Environmental Stewardship & Compliance
- Environmental Health and Safety Specialist
- Project Manager – Peritus Environmental Consultants
- Environment, Health, and Safety Specialist
- Planning Coordinator, Climate Change
- Rewal Energy
- Technology Analyst
- Sustainability Analyst
- Social Compliance Coordinator
- Environmental Health and Safety Consultant
- Marketing Specialist
- Environmental Protection Officer
The following job profiles exist in the field of environmental economics:
Ecological Economist-Ecological Economists address the relationship between ecosystems and economic systems.
Energy Economist-An Energy Economist’s job is to focus on strength as the location of study, prediction, and analysis.
Marine Resource Economist-A Marine Resource Economist deals with the financial factors of marine management, water excellent management, seafood marketing, and the have an impact on of coastal enterprise activities.
Natural Resource Economist-Natural Resource economist focuses on the demand, supply, and allocation of the earth’s herbal resources.
Agricultural Economist-Agricultural Economist is a professional in perception the financial endeavor within agricultural markets.
Principal Research Economist-Principal Research Economist leads and contributes to the analytical work which focuses on the macroeconomic issues.
Chief Economist-Chief Economist is responsible for the development and production of financial analysis. It is a broad discipline that includes planning and coordination pertaining to economic research.
While previously environmental economists had been being employed with the authorities or in scientific, professional, and technical services. Now, there are large consulting companies that are hiring environmental economists. The position of economists is to assess the environmental and monetary expenses of development projects.
Environmental economists may additionally also be employed as undertaking managers for a number improvement initiatives and such a function may also additionally contain tour abroad.
Top Recruiting Companies for Environmental Economists
- Indian Council for Research on International Economic Relations
- World Bank
- Asian Development Bank
- Ministry of Economic Affairs
- National Council for Applied Economic Research
- TERI-The Energy and Resources Institute
- McKinsey & Company
COURSES UNDER BUSINESS & ECONOMICS
KIEC Group proudly represents the best education providers, assisting students with admission and visa processes, making personalized education pathway and worry-free experience.
Need Expert Advice to Discuss Your Study Options!