NUTRITION AND COMMUNITY HEALTH
A specialized course under Health Stream
About the Course – Nutrition and Community Health
Nutrition and Community Health is the study of nutrition and good health through the consumption of food and nutrient in populations. This program covers community nutrition relating to dietary goals and recommendations for populations; methods of assessing diet in population groups; and promoting healthy eating at the community level. Through these programs, you will learn to pick out healthy food options at the store, and cook nutritious meals at home. Nutrition and community health contributes in designing programs, systems, policies and environments in order to improve or maintain the optimal health of populations and targeted groups by applying nutrition and public health principles.
Listed here are some of the principal objectives of the course.
- To evaluate and improve the nutritional health of communities.
- To improve the nutritional health of individuals with medical conditions
- To identify and apply food principles to food and nutrition systems
- To demonstrate a variety of communication strategies in nutrition and food education emphasizing information technology
- To apply management principles to evaluate human, physical and fiscal resources in organizations
- To integrate knowledge and skills in food and nutrition with professional issues affecting the nutrition and/or dietetics fields.
As nutrition is a vital part of public and individual health, it is very important for people to make the right dietary choices. Nutrition and Community Health program provides graduates with the required skills to help people and communities make the right dietary choices. Having experience of working in the public, private and not-for-profit sectors could be useful for your career. The knowledge and skills that you will gain during the course will enhance your analytical, instructional, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills. After completing the course, you can work with any organization (private companies, Government Agencies) as Community Education Officer, Food Technologist, Health Promotion Specialist, Medical sales representative and so on
Dietitian, Health service manager, Herbalist, Naturopath, Food Technologist, Animal Nutritionist etc
Course Available by Providers
The courses are generally provided at Foundation, Diploma, Bachelor (UG) and Master (PG) levels.
COURSES UNDER HEALTH
KIEC Group proudly represents the best education providers, assisting students with admission and visa processes, making personalized education pathway and worry-free experience.
Need Expert Advice to Discuss Your Study Options!