How to apply for VISA of Finland
HOW TO APPLY
Prepare your application and supporting documents:
Go to the “Schengen visas” link on this website to understand the details of visa types. Here you can find information on the photo specifications, documents required, processing times and more.
Book an appointment to visit the Visa Application Centre:
You have to schedule an appointment to visit the Visa Application Centre. You can book the appointment online or by calling our Helpline +90…..
Please read the security regulation notice before visiting the center.
Submit your visa application:
Visit Visa Application Centre and submit your completed Visa Application Forms along with required supporting documents. Please see the Contacts Us page for the location of the center. For an additional cost, you may request courier delivery of passport to avoid a second trip to the Visa Application Centre for collection of processed applications.
Pay application fee:
Visa fee is paid at the submission counter in cash or with demand draft in Indian Rupees. A receipt will be provided for all payments made at the Visa Application Centre.
Submit biometric data:
After submitting documents you are asked to proceed to a biometrics booth where your fingerprints and a digital photo are collected.
Collect your ready passport:
Track the progress of your application and come accordingly to pick up your passport. If you have opted for courier delivery, your passport will be delivered to your chosen address.
The Embassy of Finland has implemented a change in arrangement for the collection of passport(s) from the VFS Visa Application Centre. With effect from 02 November 2015, third party collection of the documents or passports will not be permitted, except in the following cases:
- Immediate Family Member (i.e. Parents, Children, Siblings)
- One member of a group collecting for the entire group
- A person collecting on behalf of Govt. officials if authorized on the Govt. letter head or department
- Representative of a company – Authorization letter on the letterhead of the company and the official ID card
If any of the above comes for passport collection they need to carry the following documents
- Photocopy of Govt. ID card
- Original ICR
- Authorization Letter from applicant
- Applicants who do not wish to collect their documents in person and whose documents cannot be collected by one of the above should pay a courier charge (INR 300/-) at the time of submission.
The applicants are requested to mention the complete delivery address on the covering letter. In case no specific address is mentioned on the covering letter, the passport will be sent to the address mentioned on the Visa Application Form.
This procedural change is to ensure the safe and secure return of documents to applicants.
[Please note that this article is extracted from VFSGLOBAL Website. Refer to the website for more details.]