The student career counselor for abroad study will be responsible for providing guidance and support to students seeking to pursue higher education in Australia, the UK, the USA, Canada, and New Zealand. The counselor will work with students to provide information and assist with the application process for studying abroad, including assisting with the university and visa applications, and communicating with the universities and other stakeholders.
1. Provide counseling to students seeking information on studying abroad.
2. Help students to find programs that match their interests & educational background.
3. Conduct presentations on study abroad programs, admission requirements, & visa guidelines.
4. Collaborate with universities and other stakeholders to facilitate the admission process for students.
5. Provide guidance on the preparation of application such as resumes, personal statements, and reference letters.
6. Communicate with students and parents via email, phone, & in-person appointments.
7. Organize and lead information sessions, seminars, or workshops on relevant topics such as test preparation, admission requirements, housing options, and financial aid.
8. Stay current on trends and developments in study abroad programs.
9. Provide follow-up support to students throughout their application and admission processes.
10. Contribute to the development and maintenance of knowledge resources on universities, programs, financial aid, and scholarship opportunities.
1. Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Education, Counseling, or a related field.
2. At least 2 years of experience, preferably with experience in international education advising.
3. A deep understanding of the education systems, university culture, and visa requirements of the countries of interest.
4. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with students, parents, university officials, and colleagues.
5. The ability to work independently, collaboratively, manage a complex workload, & prioritize tasks effectively.
6. Strong attention to detail and administrative skills, including data entry, record-keeping & writing.
7. Proficiency in MS office, G-Suite, & student information systems.
8. Sound judgment and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
Salary and Benefits:
The salary for a student career counselor for abroad study typically ranges from NPR 40K-55K per month, depending on level of experience and qualifications. Employers may also offer benefits such as health insurance, paid vacation time, sick leave, performance bonus and professional development opportunities.
The role of a student career counselor for abroad study can be a rewarding and challenging career path. The individual in this role will have the opportunity to work with motivated and enthusiastic students seeking to broaden their horizons and realize their educational and career goals.