Documentation Checklist for admission, Visa and other important information, UK
Documents Required for Offer Request:
- All academic transcripts and certificates
- IELTS/TOEFL score
- 2 recommendation letters from teachers
- Work experience letter to fulfill gaps if any
- Statement of Purpose
After receiving Offer
Apply for CAS
Prepare for Mock Interview from University
Fill the online application form of UKVI
An applicant filling student visa forms for UK should make sure that he/she is able to pay for the course and the living expenses of family members if they come along. While applying for a student visa for UK one should make sure that these financial resources are provided for without working in UK or claiming public funds.
The applicant should clearly state the intent of not working in the UK unless he/she is accepted for a course lasting longer than six months. Then one may work part-time or during vacations.
Also during the student visa interview make it sure to the interviewer of one’s intent to leave the UK at the end of one’s studies.
Processing of visa application
Make an application for a student visa in UK two to three months before you intend to travel. The periods from September to January is especially busy for the visa office and so make sure you apply well in advance.
While applying for a student visa the fees should be paid only by a bank draft (available at the Visa Application Centers). They should be made in favor of:
An additional handling charge per application will be levied by VFS. Also as you go for the student visa interview be ready with the documents. The Entry Clearance Officer will try to make a decision using your student visa form and the supporting documents you have provided. If this is not possible, they will conduct a student visa interview. The schedule of the student visa interview will be given to you.
- Income tax papers of the sponsor.
- Student Visa Application form.
- CAS Letter from an accepted institution.
- Valid passport.
- Visa fee in the form of a bank draft.
- Copies of academic mark sheets and certificates.
- Work experience certificates, if applicable.
- Proof of payment of fees, if applicable.
- Proof of funds – Applicants must demonstrate that they have sufficient liquid assets to pay the tuition fees, living expenses and traveling cost without engaging in employment in UK. Even bank loans are accepted by few Universities.
- Letter from the sponsor.