Higher/Tertiary Education:

It includes university education and vocational education and training (VET).


You can join a university to earn a Bachelor, Master or Doctoral Degree. There are 43 universities in Australia (40 Australian universities, two international universities, and one private specialty university). Universities offer a wide range of courses like Arts & humanities, Business & Economics Clinical, pre-clinical & health, Computer Science, Engineering & technology, Life sciences, Physical sciences and Social sciences and one or other university ranks highly in one or other filed.

Vocational Education and Training (VET)

If you think of going straight to the workplace or having a little experience before joining a university, VET is for you. A government institution called Technical and Further Education (TAFE) is a major provider of VET. TAFE offers a range of nationally recognized vocational qualifications including Certificate, Diploma, Advanced Diploma and Graduate Certificate courses. TAFE also provide Diploma-to-Degree (D2D) university pathways allow students to enter a Bachelor Degree program in a university. Through this pathway program you graduate with double qualification while enjoying a lower semester fee.

Private institutions like Registered Training Organizations (RTOs) also provide the VET qualification.

There are laws and organizations in Australia to see if the education international students receive meet quality standards and their rights are protected.

English Language Intensive Courses for Overseas (ELICOS)

ELISCOS is for you if you think you require English language training before starting formal academic studies. The Australian government has an official ELICOS student visa especially for students who do one of these courses. This means you can have English Language Test (IELTS, TOEFL, PTE) score not sufficient to be accepted to a university or other tertiary education institution but still travel to Australia for further study.

Links and references